In this time and age, how do we single arab women in our thirties feel? How do we think those around us feel? What experiences do we go through, and how do these experiences affect our singlehood? Inspired from personal experience and of those of all the beautifully fabulous Arab Single Ladies out there, I hope this blog reminds us all just how amazing it is to be single! Or is it....?

Monday, February 13, 2012

My Valentine..

I went to Virgin Mega Stores last night, and spent a fortune.. I bought some very good CDs though.. I love the music collection they have.. I love the song 'La vie en rose' by Edith Piaf, and I found a new version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0qQycHDaVw

And it just gave me a feeling of peace, of being uplifted somehow.. I loved it..

And tomorrow, I am moving houses, to a new place, with a small garden that I will call mine, and a living room wall that I have painted bright lime-green color.. Tomorrow, I will sleep in a different place, and I will hopefully have different dreams..

I am done sulking, and I am done moping and pouting. Today, horrible horrible Valentine's Day, where disgusting show offs flash around their roses and pretend they are surprised (oh, give me a break, I'll be nice next year!) and then tilt their heads and tell you how 'different' their love is, how strong, how sincere.. How this and how that, while you politely nod your head in agreement.. I HATE this day, especially so this year. But today, I decided to be my own Valentine. I will go for a massage, read a good book, sitting on the floor of my still empty new house, and meditate on the line-green wall. Today, I will give myself that good shake that I need, and move on..

Happy (ugh!) Valentine's Day everyone..

No comments:

Post a Comment