In this time and age, how do we single arab women in our thirties feel? How do we think those around us feel? What experiences do we go through, and how do these experiences affect our singlehood? Inspired from personal experience and of those of all the beautifully fabulous Arab Single Ladies out there, I hope this blog reminds us all just how amazing it is to be single! Or is it....?

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Just some random thoughts

My mom and dad will be celebrating their 35th wedding anniversary in a week, and I have no idea what to give them. By now, I know they like gifts that have personal touches to them, something personalized.. Maybe I will prepare a big photo collage and frame it..

Work is very dull these days. My team requested a meeting with me yesterday, and 'nicely' told me that I have been bitching them around for the last week or so. I apologized, and will buy them lunch today. They did have a point, I know.

My cousin stepped in yesterday. She picked me up after work, and we went for a nice long lunch, somewhere beautiful, overlooking the sea. Then she took me to my house, packed me a bag, and took me back to her place where she decided I was going to stay with her that week. Girlfriends are good humans.

I have to start dieting again. My cousin is getting married in April, and I know that when I don't feel good about how I look, the whole thing becomes an ordeal. So.. One thing to think of..

I need to take slow steps, I know. I am a big girl, and I will go through whatever it is that I am going through these days. I just need to focus on a day at a time. A minute at a time. I don't think about him, and it doesn't hurt if I do. It hurts though when I think of how pathetic it is, having to strengthen myself time and time again, dare to believe it will beautiful one day, then get disappointed time after time, even without explanations sometimes. Like there is someone crazy mocking me out there..

One day at a time, that was what I was saying. I just want to switch off the thinking for now.







No comments:

Post a Comment